BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Isabella Faith Newman 1.19.06

Today is Isabella's birthday. We struggle with what to call today, since this is the day she was born into this world an angel. So, we just call it her birthday, because that was the day she was born into Heaven! Though we didn't get to see her sweet eyes, we will never forget the impact she made on our world. Without her, I wouldn't have...


I wouldn't have been blessed to see the face of my daughter.
I wouldn't have known such tremendous love and such devastating loss.
I wouldn't have been able to see how the Lord can work through such uncertain times.
I wouldn't have been brought to my knees and my face in prayer.
I wouldn't have had this heart for families that have lost a child.
I wouldn't have known what it meant to truly long for Heaven.
I wouldn't have understood peace that passes all understanding.
I wouldn't have been overwhelmingly surrounded by friends and family.
I wouldn't have known the meaning of being united in everything with my husband.
I wouldn't have had such a beautiful way to share about Heaven with Kael.
I wouldn't have witnessed how God can dramatically answer prayer, even if it isn't how we imagined.
I wouldn't have been on the receiving end of such love and service to our family.
I wouldn't have realized how short, yet precious life can be.
I wouldn't have understood what Christ means by trusting Him in all circumstances.
I wouldn't have felt the Lord carry us as we persevere under trial.
I wouldn't have been able to share our testimony of His faithfulness with so many people.... I simply wouldn't have understood how God's plan could be fulfilled through a baby that just lived an instant..I wouldn't have known my Isabella.



If I hadn't had Isabella, I would still be a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend that sought to understand suffering and trials... Now I can be more than that person, because of her.



"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will received the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."- James 1:12









Ultrasound of her entire body a couple days before Christmas.






Terry and I holding, crying, and looking at our baby girl, Isabella.












Lisa (sister), Lynelle (sister), my mom, my dad, LeAnn (sister), Ben (nephew), and Kyle (brother). They all came from ND to Iowa the night that Isabella was born. Kip (my brother) must be taking the picture, as he was also there. Don't they look sad?









Isabella's casket, blanket, toys, books, etc. and flowers at her funeral service at Parkway Funeral Service in Bismarck.






My family planting a tree on her due date to watch it grow through the years. This was planted at my parents' house in Bismarck.



Kael (14 months) sitting by his sister's headstone at the cemetary. Wow--have we come a long way since that devestating day!




P.S. Turn up your volume and listen to "Glory Baby" that is in honor of Isabella Faith!










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, Lorisa. You've got me sitting here crying... What a beautiful tribute.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorisa,
You have me crying here. I am sorry. How lucky Isabella is to have such a great family. You guys will be in our prayers tonight.

Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Was it already THREE years ago? Reading your blog, my heart aches, my eyes cry, and I am as sad today as I was on that fatefull day we traveled to meet her. I'm so sorry I didn't get to be her Tunta. Thank you for continually sharing her with us. I miss her so much. I will always miss her. LeAnn

Trish said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl.

I hope you had peace and joy in what I know must be difficult day.

with love,
Trish
Max's mommy

Annie said...

I am late, as usual, but crying reading your beautiful post. Thinking of you and Isabella.