BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The MS Walk...FINALLY!

I have been wanting to post about the MS Walk for a week now, but have been super busy. I have a friend that had a stillborn baby and I have been with her, and our friends. I also went to little William's funeral and loved that us girls could do that together and be there for each other.

Also, I have another close friend that found out she has an aortic aneurysm this week. She is 23 weeks pregnant and I have been spending time with her and keeping her company. Please continue to keep both these ladies in your prayers....they totally need it!

Now...onto the good news. We had hoped and prayed to have 100 teammates for Legs for Lorisa this year and to raise $10,000.00. Well guess what? WE RAISED OVER $12,000.00 AND HAD 186 TEAMMATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed the day so much and was sad when it was over. There are so many new teammates on our team and it is so fun to meet them all! Here are some pictures from the walk!






I am waiting on a team picture, and can't wait to post that. Thank you to EVERYONE for their contributions....whether it was donations for the party, donations of money for our team, walking in the cold weather, or fundraising yourselves. I TRULY appreciate all the support. It is overwhelming to me and I thank God for the wonderful turnout!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUGS to you on the stuff with the friends!! Praying for them both!

So I wanted to ask you--why the lime green?? Is that your fav color or what?!?! just curious!

SOOOO glad the MS walk was SOOOO successful!! WHOOT!!!!

Lorisa said...

Green is my favorite color...more sage than anything. So, when we were trying to pick a team color, we wanted it to be bright. It was between this or neon yellow, so I picked lime/neon/kiwi green...or whatever you call it! And...I LOVE IT!!! You can't miss our team, that's for sure!

Kimberly said...

WHOOHOO! SO glad we could be there for the walk!! :)