BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Fridays - Children's Rooms and Nurseries



I LOVE Kelly at Kelly's Korner and follow her blog. I have only played along once, but decided to do it again. This week we are showing off our nurseries. I thought I had more pictures than this, but I guess I don't. And since Kael is sleeping, I am not going to go in there and take more pictures and I just couldn't wait!!!

Isn't it cute? Ok--so it is hideous! This was the way it was when we bought it. Not digging the peach curtains?
Wallpaper down...baby blue walls behind it. This picture was taken after all the patchwork had been completed. Just waiting for it to dry so I could prime and paint!

Old dresser turned changing table!



Kael's room is a monkey/jungle theme. The dresser was something Kael's great-grandpa made and my husband refinished it for a changing table. It worked perfect! He loves to sit in his little chair and read his books. I think that he thinks he is an "adult" when he sits there. It is so cute!



These are pictures of his room when we lived in Iowa. The rocking chair is now gone and his room isn't as neat and nice as it was when he was first born. I guess that is what happens when the baby you have always dreamed of starts to actually "live" in the room! Seems like this room sat like this FOREVER as we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited for a baby to arrive!



And, I just couldn't resist putting these pictures on here. Now that Kael is almost 2 years old, it seems like this was eons ago. What happened to my little baby? It just goes so dang fast! He LOVED that mobile. It was the ONLY thing that would actually entertain him (that's when I got my showers in)! And, this was one of the RARE times he actually slept during the day when he wasn't in my arms...ugh, those were some long days!

2 comments:

The Baby Cove said...

Cute room! I love all of the animals!

Brenda said...

Awesome safari/jungle theme - the plant in the corner really adds to the theme! What a transformation!