BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Artsy Fartsy

I found this VERY UGLY picture at a rummage sale for $1.00. I wish I would have taken a picture of the whole thing before I painted over it, but here it is 1/2 primed. I remembered about half way through to grab my camera!

I painted the whole canvas the "Cincinnati Hotel Briggs Beige" that my living room is painted first. Then gave Kael the sage green paint from the kitchen and let him go to town.After the green dried, we went on to "Merlot" and then "chocolate chip brown". These are all colors in my house and I had the leftover paint. So, for only $1.00, a little mess, and a good time, I now have abstract art to hang up in my house. Maybe over my couch?

Not exactly what I envisioned it to turn out to be. But, it's pretty cool that Kael did this all on his own and it matches my house. What do you think?








2 comments:

ldb said...

Um...I think it's more a play room or family room pic than the center of your living room. Sorry.

Lynelle said...

I liked it in the kitchen.